The Batt-latch is the world’s only portable solar-powered automatic gate opener timer.
Pre-programmed by you, this timer can be used on any gate system, and is particularly handy when needing to manage horses grazing time. In a paddock situation, the timer and a temporary gate replace the function of the normal gate.
Attach the Batt-Latch to one post with its adjustable webbing strap and then hook the supplied spring gate or bungy cord to the latch cam, stretch it across and clip it to the other post, or wire fence.
When the preset time is reached, the battery-powered internal motor/gearbox is activated by the timer, the cam turns 360° and the spring gate is released, enabling the horse/s to pass through.
- Completely portable. No extra batteries, wires, bolts or assemblies required.
- Solar powered. Internal NiCad battery is continually recharged by solar panel on back of the unit making the Batt-Latch virtually maintenance free.
- Lightweight and small. Weighing less than 2kg, the Batt-Latch is easy to handle and carry and can easily fit in an overall pocket.
- Rugged and Waterproof: Made from UV stabilised polycarbonate composite; waterproofed with neoprene sealing gasket and O-rings and, underwater tested, the Batt-Latch is made to withstand the harsh conditions that a farming environment provides.
- Electronic control. Simple yet effective electronics allow the flexibility of multiple activations (releases) for any or all days of the week without having to continually reprogram each event.
- Warranty and support. Grazetech provide support and the unit is covered by a 2 year standard warranty.